Awakening Joy: 10 Steps on the Road to Happiness
“Joy is not incidental to the spiritual experience. It is vital” — Rabbi Nachman of Breslov
11-week class series + book — Awakening Joy by James Baraz
For many years, the online Awakening Joy course has offered participants worldwide a message that you can be happy. Founded in simple Buddhist principles, accessible to all faiths, these concepts provide a step-by-step template to a more positive outlook on life.
Each week covers one part of a 10-step program, including Dharma talks, readings from the book, practical exercises, and advice.
- Dates & Times: Wednesday, January 21 – April 1, 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Fee: $7/class or $55/series, plus a Dana donation to the teacher. The teachings of the Buddha are supported by Dana — a Pali word meaning Generosity. Please give generously, what you can, to support Lhasha in continuing her dharma teaching. No one will be turned away due to inability to pay. Volunteer options are available.
- Location: Tucson Community Meditation Center — 1147 E. Howard (two blocks north of Speedway and one block north of Belleview)
- Contact: Lhasha Tizer, 520-321-3670
- Registration: Register online at tucsonmeditation.org or send a check (payable to TCMC), along with your e-mail and phone number to TCMC c/o Awakening Joy, PO Box 43415, Tucson, AZ 85733.