Five Spiritual Qualities of Heart and Mind: Energy/Effort, Patience, Truthfulness, and Determination — Part 2
8-Week Class Series
For people in the modern world who are wrestling with the issue of how to practice the Dhamma in daily life, the Perfections provide a useful framework for developing a fruitful attitude toward daily activities. Any activity or relationship undertaken wisely, with the primary purpose of developing the perfections, in a balanced way, becomes part of the practice.
In this 8-week class series, we will study and explore five noble qualities of heart and mind as a skillful means in formulating the purpose of one’s life and freeing oneself from craving, conceit, and limiting opinions.
Classes will consist of meditation, dharma talks, discussion, Q&A, and mindful inquiry.
- Dates & Times: Wednesdays, March 14 – April 18, 6:30–8:30 pm
- Fee: $42 / series or $8 / drop-in, plus a Dana donation to the teacher. The teachings of the Buddha are supported by Dana — a Pali word meaning Generosity. Please give generously, what you can, to support Lhasha in continuing her dharma teaching. No one will be turned away due to inability to pay. Suggested donation: $10.
- Location: TCMC, 1231 E. Edison, Tucson, AZ (one block south of Grant, two houses west of Mountain). Please park a block away from the center. If you can’t walk that far, feel free to park in the driveway.
- Contact: Lhasha Tizer, 520-321-3670
- Registration: Register online at tucsonmeditation.org or send a check (payable to TCMC), along with your e-mail and phone number to TCMC Qualities of Heart/Mind, PO Box 43415, Tucson, AZ 85733 .