Real Kindness: Love & Compassion — 8-Week Class Series
The thought manifests as the word,
The word manifests as the deed,
The deed develops into habit,
And habit hardens into character.
So watch the thought and its ways with care,
And let it spring from love,
Born out of concern from all beings.
Loving friendliness and compassion are beautiful qualities of heart and mind for dwelling in the world and cultivating happiness. They can be developed through daily meditation and continual life practice. We practice by sending these qualities for ourselves and others.
In this 8-week class series, we will study and explore loving friendliness and compassion as forces in opening our hearts so we can live with greater peace and contentment. At a time when our country and the world are calling out to us to bring harmlessness, generosity, understanding and cooperation to our actions, we look to these practices for healing and reconciliation.
Classes will consist of meditation, dharma talks, discussion, Q&A and mindful inquiry.
- Dates & Times: Wednesdays, August 23 – October 11, 2017, 6:30–8:30 pm
- Fee: $55 / series or $8 / drop-in, plus a Dana donation to the teacher. The teachings of the Buddha are supported by Dana — a Pali word meaning Generosity. Please give generously, what you can, to support Lhasha in continuing her dharma teaching. No one will be turned away due to inability to pay.
- Location: TCMC, 1231 E. Edison, Tucson, AZ (one block south of Grant, two houses west of Mountain). Please park a block away from the center. If you can’t walk that far, feel free to park in the driveway.
- Contact: Lhasha Tizer, 520-321-3670
- Registration: Register online at tucsonmeditation.org or send a check (payable to TCMC), along with your e-mail and phone number to TCMC c/o Real Kindness PO Box 43415 Tucson, AZ 85733.